A nurse practitioner is a nurse with a graduate degree in advanced practice nursing, able to perform a broad range of patient care services typically associated with doctors, including:
- Performing a physical examination
- Ordering laboratory tests, radiology exams and procedures
- Diagnosing, treating and managing diseases
- Writing prescriptions for medications
- Coordinating referrals for patients to see specialists
- Performing certain invasive procedures
Of the seven nurse practitioners on our staff, five are credentialed as Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioners, one is credentialed as a Perinatal Nurse Practitioner, and one is credentialed as a family nurse practitioner. They bring valuable insight and knowledge to WHCCH, and principled patient care to a great number of our OB/GYN patients.